Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Assignment 1, Reflection

Here are just a series of questions I asked myself, just to help explain the project below;

How does the motion contribute to the identity?
I designed the movement to be erratic so that it would reflect my own personality in a workspace. The way the music works with the movement also contributes to that factor.

How does the composition contribute to the identity?
The composition contributes to the Identity of work and life in a confusing rush of images. Slowing down and speeding up randomly. The identity is essentially my mind combined with the workspace of the animation lab on level 5 of Z2.

Who is your target audience?
Art purveyors, people with an abstract way of thinking.

Who do you want to exclude?
Anybody who can’t understand the randomness of the composition.

AfterEffects Techniques used;

In the production of this animatic I used a lot of different effects. I also tried to mix a few different mediums to the project through drawn animation and montage.
I added a few fades and position changes coupled with some comp layers and a camera to create a certain level of depth to the assessment.
I remixed a track using audacity and brought it into the composition.
I recorded my own footage and sped it up – fading a still image into a live action sequence.
For the montage I used the “change to colour” tool to blend the white into the background but leave the main picture in the foreground, I then animated it to be a face that opens its mouth as (using a camera coupled with a null) it zooms into its mouth and fades to a box spinning in mid air (a use of drawn animation (using change to colour to give it that grainy effect)).


Reference list for Assignment 1

Several images i found on google, all with creative commons licences.
Boney M's Rasputin remixed for the soundtrack
Psyche's Goodbye Horses remixed fot the soundtrack
Oingo Boingo's Little Girls remixed for the soundtrack
Pictures of the lightbox taken by me
Video of me taken by Rosanna Grayson
Rotating box drawn and compiled by me
Project compiled and organised by me

No comments: